Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Statify – A Brand New ClassiPress Child Theme

Marketplace Seller mohsinoffline's Avatar
    Thanks
    Meanwhile, we have launched a new Real Estate Child theme for ClassiPress called "ClassiEstate". View the forum thread here:

http://forums.appthemes.com/announci...d-theme-30920/
    Do you need content that helps to rank your website better on Google? Check out https://aicontently.com

Create a website like Retailmenot with FlatterPro Theme , Check out the demo here Retailmenot

Thanks
    Mohsin,

Great job on the multi-city and multi-state plugins . I was wondering, are there were any plans to add the functionality of both where someone could select the state in one drop-down thus populating the other drop-down in order to select a city. I think you'd sell a lot more of these plugins if they work jointly together in selecting first the state and then a city from that state. Eventually country would be nice as well.

-Chris

Thanks
    Hi cjc790,

No plans yet for them to work together since the city and the state fields are not mapped together in ClassiPress, i.e. there is no way currently identify which city belongs to which state. You are referring to selecting the state and city when someone is posting a new ad right? May be another day another plugin in the future, but I have found the scope very limited for that kind of a plugin since most of the ClassiPress websites seem to target smaller geographical regions.

Regards,
    Mohsin

Quote Originally Posted by cjc790 View Post
    Mohsin,

Great job on the multi-city and multi-state plugins . I was wondering, are there were any plans to add the functionality of both where someone could select the state in one drop-down thus populating the other drop-down in order to select a city. I think you'd sell a lot more of these plugins if they work jointly together in selecting first the state and then a city from that state. Eventually country would be nice as well.

-Chris
    Do you need content that helps to rank your website better on Google? Check out https://aicontently.com

Create a website like Retailmenot with FlatterPro Theme , Check out the demo here Retailmenot

Thanks
    Mohsin, I have yet to launch my site for the primary reason of not having an easy way to do locations. My plan was to do multisite-subdomain setup for each state/city which would have been hundreds of individual setups and would have been a maintenance nightmare. I've been waiting and waiting hoping an easier way would come along. I just came across your city and state plugins and it's very cool! Thanks for making it and I will most definitely buy it. With that said, I too need for it to be both state and city. I understand the llimitations. cjc70 - Still a whole lot of work, but you could set up a multisite with 50 subdomains and each state could use the city plugin Mohsin created. Not the ideal setup but could at least keep you from having to have a setup like Craigslist where there is a subdomain for every city in the US.

Thanks
    Hi Matt,

Thanks for your views. Yes, these plugins serve a similar purpose, but are not meant to work together, in fact they are not compatible with each other. You seem to have understood this limitation and just to expand on what you have mentioned:

If you only want to have sub-sites by states
    Use the Statify Ultimate plugin which will save you the work of creating tens of state sites in subdomains/folders

If you only want to have sub-sites by cities
    Use the Citify Ultimate plugin which will save you the work of creating tens of city sites in subdomains/folders

If you only want to have sub-sites by states AND cities
    To quote Matt:
    set up a multisite with 50 subdomains (for each state) and each state could use the city plugin Mohsin created.

Thanks
    By the way, both the Citify Ultimate and the Statify Ultimate plugins are compatible with ClassiPress 3.1.9 and 3.1.8.

Regards,
    Mohsin

Thanks
    Hi Mohsin, will these plugins work with Vantage or do you have plans to introduce separate ones for Vantage?

Thanks
    Hi mtchairs,

No these plugins will not work with Vantage, in fact I haven't got the chance to check the source code since I do not own a copy of Vantage.

Regards,
    Mohsin

Thanks
    The Statify child theme has now been updated to version 1.2 and includes the previously missing loop-featured.php in the child theme folder. Please login to "My Account" and download the updated version if you have purchased it.

Thanks
    The Statify Ultimate and the Citify Ultimate plugins have now been updated to version 1.2 and includes the fix for the problem with images and custom menus not displaying in certain places. Please login to "My Account" and download the updated version if you have purchased it.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information