Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Buyer/Seller Feedback System

Thanks
    I think this feature is essential; would love to see it.

I really think this option would lead to more sales for ClassiPress, I came VERY close to buying an "ebay clone" for $1000 just to get feedback.

I'm looking into two plugins that would allow users to log in once to WP, but also be logged into myBB forum where they could link to an iTrader type feedback system native to myBB. Each user profile, in the URL field, could contain a link to their feedback on the myBB forum/system.

I have had nothing but trying to setup WordBB and Zingiri forum though, if any is interested I would love to troubleshoot this and get something working for feedback until a native solution comes online.

best,
    Jon

Thanks
    Will try this out, thanks!

One question, are you saying that we will always have to manually create a feedback "thread" for each user? Only once though? Or only if we already have users in in the system registered?

many thanks!
    Jon

Quote Originally Posted by jvtraydz View Post
    I just implemented this on my site (although it's in a basic version right now). Essentially as it stands, you can leave feedback for a user in comment form only, and there is a link to the user's feedback from each post. I'm hoping to add more abilities this weekend : positive/negative ratings, and make sure that only people who have traded (it's a barter site) with each user can leave feedback.

You have to do a few things, but it works well.

1. Install the plugin CMS Press and create a "feedback" custom post type. No extra taxonomies needed. Change the Permalink Structure to "%identifier%/%postname%/".
    2. Unzip the attached .zip file.
    3. Put member_fb_post.php into your /wp-content/plugins folder and activate it.
    4. Put feedback.php into your /themes/classipress/ folder.
    5. Put comments-feedback.php into your /themes/classipress/ folder.

Unfortunately, for each user that you already have you will have to manually add a new Feedback post with the title of the user needing feedback. From there, just add a link wherever you want to the get to the feedback.

For example, I the following code to the sidebar-ad.php to add a link:
    <li><span><?php _e('View or write feedback for:','cp');?></span>
    <a href="<?php echo get_option( 'siteurl' ). "/feedback/" . strtolower(get_the_author_meta('user_login')); ?>"><?php the_author_meta('display_name'); ?></a>
    </li>

If i had a user already sign up with the name "example" I'd have to go add a "feedback" post with the postname "example."

Hope this helps someone.
    If you want to check it out go to www.traydz.com/feedback/admin/.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jvtraydz View Post
    I just implemented this on my site (although it's in a basic version right now). Essentially as it stands, you can leave feedback for a user in comment form only, and there is a link to the user's feedback from each post. I'm hoping to add more abilities this weekend : positive/negative ratings, and make sure that only people who have traded (it's a barter site) with each user can leave feedback.

You have to do a few things, but it works well.

1. Install the plugin CMS Press and create a "feedback" custom post type. No extra taxonomies needed. Change the Permalink Structure to "%identifier%/%postname%/".
    2. Unzip the attached .zip file.
    3. Put member_fb_post.php into your /wp-content/plugins folder and activate it.
    4. Put feedback.php into your /themes/classipress/ folder.
    5. Put comments-feedback.php into your /themes/classipress/ folder.

Unfortunately, for each user that you already have you will have to manually add a new Feedback post with the title of the user needing feedback. From there, just add a link wherever you want to the get to the feedback.

For example, I the following code to the sidebar-ad.php to add a link:
    <li><span><?php _e('View or write feedback for:','cp');?></span>
    <a href="<?php echo get_option( 'siteurl' ). "/feedback/" . strtolower(get_the_author_meta('user_login')); ?>"><?php the_author_meta('display_name'); ?></a>
    </li>

If i had a user already sign up with the name "example" I'd have to go add a "feedback" post with the postname "example."

Hope this helps someone.
    If you want to check it out go to www.traydz.com/feedback/admin/.
    I have installed it and will try to get the code set up. What is that forum that is embedded on your WP blog?

thanks
    Jon

Thanks
    Gentlemen,

This post was set up to gauage the need for a feedback system in the next version of ClassiPress. Can you please take the code discussion for a work-around to another post? I want this feature in the next version and do not want it to be sidetracked by other conversations.

Thank you...

Thanks
    Yes, of course. Sorry, just glad to have something that may work in the interim.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by doctorcilantro View Post
    Yes, of course. Sorry, just glad to have something that may work in the interim.
    Feedback using CMS Press moved here.

Thanks
    While I agree a plugin for feedback would be nice. I certainly would not like nor use one styled like "ebay", however if you come up with a plugin that has a feedback form similar to www.postpanda.com I would much likely use it...

4 what its worth...

Thanks
    I don't see a feedback link on the user profile at PostPanda. did you mean the rating system for the listing which any one can simply bump and is not tied to the user? Or do I have to be registered to see some kind of feedback?

Thanks
    Just wanted to update this thread, as I have mentioned the popularity of the request to the development team during our meeting today. Basically I can confirm this is something that we will likely see in a future release of ClassiPress (although I can't confirm what version).. But at this moment in time I understand they are working on the same feature for the Vantage theme, so once they have worked out the functionality, it is going to make it easier to implement in ClassiPress. I think it's fairly safe to say we won't see this included in v3.1 though.

Thanks
    Thanks pepsi. Look forward to seeing it in action.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information