Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: the next version will have regions?

Thanks
    The lack of geographical (or other) filtering is an obvious dead-end for anyone serious about running a classified site or directory.

Here's an example of what we're looking to achieve: http://www.airbnb.com/search/v3

The right sidebar has grouped various attributes that, when clicked, filter the results. This can be achieved by using categories to store geographical values (hierarchical), then using custom fields to group other attributes. There's already a very good plugin which enables filtering like this and I understand there is talk about building search filtering into the WP core.

If we could use Classipress, or the forthcoming Vantage to produce something like the above example, then we could design some beautiful templates and really get our businesses going.

Thanks
    Is this still expected this Friday 8th?

I have not worked on my site for a few weeks because I am waiting for the update. I need it ASAP. Need to continue with my site urgently!

Thanks
    no it's not expected this friday 8th.

message from david on the blog:
    it’s delayed at least a week. Seth our developer got sick and a couple other things slowed us down.

Thanks
    Can we have an update on the ETA of this update now please

Thanks
    Thanked 3,390 Times in 3,261 Posts
    You may check it here http://appthemes.com/releases/ .
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Thanks
    So the target date for the ClassiPress update is Oct 31 now, 3 weeks later than planned??

If so, then that has well and truly f*cked my project up, thanks a lot.

I have told my client to wait for 3 weeks until the update on Oct 8th.

Great!

Thanks
    Hi jomark/pepsi/mods

I understand that there have been some difficulties in the coming release, we appreciate the good work so far and hope you guys keep it up.

But, i must say, although i wasn’t affected by this delay, since i decided to wait and test rather then tell my future to be clients of these features before it came out, i haven’t had much issues.

But, as you see, there are people whom have, and further more, i honestly think its about time you guys tell us the extent in terms of how functional and practical the regional search option will be, if any of course.

Honestly, i feel as if in suspense and being neglected on this matter, im sure many of the guys here do, this is the feature that by far is the most needed, wanted and anticipated. Its really a matter for some of us if the classifieds website will be a success or not, since this is such a important function that is missing.

Really hope you guys take this into consideration and either tell us your accepting or not accepting this feature, so we at least know what to expect and can go ahead developing our sites or waiting for this release.

I hope i don’t sound to harsh or rude, but honestly its sad that, by the looks of it, some totally useless requests have been accepted and this vitally important has not been. Furthermore i feel as if theres.

Initially i purchased classipress because the guys here seemed honest and community orientated, i hope that does not change as this theme gets more popular.

Please just let us know if this function is going to be accepted or not.

Thanks
    Hi, over on the blog you will see that they have already mentioned that there will be an Advanced search which includes radius option.

It would be nice to learn more about the configuration options that will be available with the custom search such as is it only going to fit in the sidebar, or could it be configured like this one PostPanda.com

Quote Originally Posted by YD10X View Post
    Hi jomark/pepsi/mods

I understand that there have been some difficulties in the coming release, we appreciate the good work so far and hope you guys keep it up.

But, i must say, although i wasn’t affected by this delay, since i decided to wait and test rather then tell my future to be clients of these features before it came out, i haven’t had much issues.

But, as you see, there are people whom have, and further more, i honestly think its about time you guys tell us the extent in terms of how functional and practical the regional search option will be, if any of course.

Honestly, i feel as if in suspense and being neglected on this matter, im sure many of the guys here do, this is the feature that by far is the most needed, wanted and anticipated. Its really a matter for some of us if the classifieds website will be a success or not, since this is such a important function that is missing.

Really hope you guys take this into consideration and either tell us your accepting or not accepting this feature, so we at least know what to expect and can go ahead developing our sites or waiting for this release.

I hope i don’t sound to harsh or rude, but honestly its sad that, by the looks of it, some totally useless requests have been accepted and this vitally important has not been. Furthermore i feel as if theres.

Initially i purchased classipress because the guys here seemed honest and community orientated, i hope that does not change as this theme gets more popular.

Please just let us know if this function is going to be accepted or not.

Thanks
    Hy there, me too am interestinf in the Advanced search and the provinces block like OLX. I think this is the most important thing in a classified website. So, please include it in the next version.

Thanks
    Hi all

As far as I can see the "Region" filter is marked considered and at the same time there is a radius function comming out with 3.1 I really think that Classipress is awesome and I have found good support here in the forums - and I am just starting out. So I think I have found the right theme for my concept but...

Like so many others have said. It is essential that users are able to filter ads by region. And to this I will add that we admins need to be able to place the filtering options in more places than just the sidebar. I for one would like to be able to put the "region" filter in my header and in the footer. I have a header that fills the who theme from left to right 940 pix so on top of/in front of (like photoshop layers) I would like to have a small selection box "Chose region".

The regions that can be chosen should be uploaded by admin and posters must chose a region from a dropdown when they post an ad.

REGION FILTER SHOULD FILTER BOTH ADS AND BLOG POSTS
    The region filter would be even better if it could be set to not only filter ads but also blog posts. Meaning that when I as admin write a blog post I must also choose to connect the blogpost to a region. Of course there should be an "All regions" uption but I should also be able to chose a specific region.

I really hope that "Region" filtering will change from "considered" to "Accepted" and that it will be rolled out in the upcomming release 3.1 - and that 3.1 will land at October 31st. I have an extremely important meeting in the beginning of november with at potential huge partner for my site so I need this updated version to be ready.

Thanks to developers and modders for all your great work.

Chers

Chris

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread Information