Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Purchase multiple ads at same time

Thanks
    As mentioned in another thread, sorry for my delay in coming back to you.. I have checked it out and I believe there is some sort of subscription feature planned for a future release which allows 1 payment for ads, however I don't know that this covers actually being able to post multiple ads at once? I will put this on my list to follow up with the development team and try to get further confirmation.
    Last edited by pepsi; August 30th, 2010 at 10:09 PM.

Thanks
    To update on the topic, I have now discussed this specifically with the development team and have submitted it into our internal ticketing system (basically meaning it has progressed onto the next step where the development team can now look at the technicalities of making it work)..

What I can confirm is that it will not happen in the upcoming 3.1 release. With it being in our system now, I will be able to check progress more easily which means being able to see specifically which version it is likely to be earmarked for. I will update when I have more information about this.

Also want to add mention of other threads on this topic which have been locked so we can keep all within this main thread..
    http://appthemes.com/forum/showthrea...o-Cart-Feature
    http://appthemes.com/forum/showthrea...r-multiple-ads
    http://appthemes.com/forum/showthrea...pping-function

3. The Following User Says Thank You to pepsi For This Useful Post:

lcolley (August 31st, 2010)

Thanks
    Noted - Thanks Pepsi this will be a big addition for us and a big move for the customers we have who post multiple ads at once, I look forward to hearing more. Andy H

Thanks
    Yes, thanks Pepsi. Glad this has moved on a stage. But it is only a shopping cart system, shouldn't take forever to develop, should it

PS, still having problems with these smileys....

Thanks
    I guess it's not necessarily that it could take forever, just that they have a lot of feature requests/fixes to work through at different priority levels I imagine. With the next release (3.1) I know there is a lot of focus on migrating to custom post types which is all part of utilizing changes made in WordPress 3.0+, thus in turn making some of the CP feature requests more workable.

Thanks

the Inevitable

Someday, some way, ClassiPress HAS to HAVE a "shopping cart" for ads. Otherwise, it will remain much too rudimentary a product for "serious" applications.

The sooner an intuitive and flexible shopping cart arrives that allows options to the Admin and the User the sooner David Cowgill shows up in the Top 100 Online Entrepreneurs of Forbes' magazine!

The leaders in shopping carts designed specifically for WordPress based applications appear to be these guys....

http://getshopped.org/

If this really is a "bolt-on" series of applications -- (they do have a Free "starter kit" that requires selecting Categories that you already have), perhaps it can be integrated or just "strapped on" to ClassiPress.

And maybe it only takes some modding to make it truly fit.

However, I am going to look at this in a testing mode in the next few days.

Thanks
    Perhaps it can be set up so that the Ad Packs are recreated and selected in chosen categories and quantities before payment.

Thanks
    I would really appreciate the option of selling ad packs. This would allow charging small fees for ads. Considering the paypal fees paid ads only make sense if the fee per ad is above $5. This fee again only make sense for big ticket items. If you are offering ads for 'average' goods you can forget about charging for them if people have to pay per ad because paypal fees would eat everything ... just my 2cent.

Thanks
    Hi

Any update on this feature? (add to account)

It really would make CP much more usable

Thanks
    Great idea ! it's necessary !!!! hope to be added....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information