Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Features For Next Release

Rookie
    Not a Verified Customer
    Thanks

Features For Next Release

I am just curious as to what is planned for the next release. Maybe you can provide a list of new features. Also how do you plan on handling updates for old customers? I know Gaby was offering free updates.

Thanks

Re: Features For Next Release

Updates will always be free to existing customers. The latest version will be out soon (next 1-2 weeks) and will support tags, more color schemes, posters can delete their ads, multi-lingual, etc.

An email will be sent out to all customers with the latest version included. The site will also be updated with the latest features at that point too.

Quote Originally Posted by Ostey
    I am just curious as to what is planned for the next release. Maybe you can provide a list of new features. Also how do you plan on handling updates for old customers? I know Gaby was offering free updates.

Rookie
    Not a Verified Customer
    Thanks

Hello,

Will the user also able to edit their own post?
    This feature has been announced for a while and really deserve the purpose of the Classifieds spirit.

Rookie
    Not a Verified Customer
    Thanks

Yes, that feature will be available too.

Not a Verified Customer
    Thanks

is there any thought of adding bulk purchases? For instance, 10 posts for $20. Even if not for this release, is this something that may be considered down the road?

Rich

Thanks

Rich we don't see that as a future feature at this time. That could always change though.

Thanks

AD instant approve for none register user ?
    l

Thanks

Thanks for the forum .

I don't want my users to register to place adverts, will they still be able to edit adverts? Also can I make some suggestions please:

- Number of times post has been viewed column will be great
    - Featured ads, so webmaster can choose few ads or that there is a featured section and adverts can be upgraded by site owner.
    - Total number of adverts i.e. the figure will be in red at the top of each page.
    - Under the list of ads, if possible make it that the first few words show and not only the title of the advert.
    - Instead of having the picture open in flash, why not have it open on the same page of the advert?

Hope this is not too much :P .

Lastly may I suggest you consider add ons that will say make it a job site instead of a classified advert site or say a markey place where people can buy things off each other, you can then sell these addons seperately.

I honestly believe classipress can be extended to cover a whole range of concepts. Cheers

Thanks

One more thing. I tested the Addtoany plugin that allows sharing and saving the site to facebook, twitter etc, the problem is that it only works for the pages I added and not the listings, if this can be resolved it will add more value to classipress because advert posters can add their adverts to their facebook and twitter updates :P

Rookie
    Not a Verified Customer
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dcowgill
    Updates will always be free to existing customers. The latest version will be out soon (next 1-2 weeks) and will support tags, more color schemes, posters can delete their ads, multi-lingual, etc.
    Wow those features sound great. Keep up the good work, I look forward to installing the new theme.

One more quick question, how will will the update process work? will we have to just modify/swap out a few files or will we have to overwrite the whole theme. I only ask because I made some changes to the theme and I am hoping to avoid making those changes again, but having those features is well worth the hassle.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information