Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Features For Next Release

Amateur
    Not a Verified Customer
    Thanks

Re: Features For Next Release

taylorj's dropdowns for locations are something we'd really like to have. In fact, if we can hire you to do it, we will, if it is not included in the new release.

Also, Add feature to Fb and Twitter is so very key as superkay said. We would pay extra to have this included.

Thanks

In the release announcement you said that the theme would now go by custom fields. does this mean that all previous post will have to be reposted?
    Eric is best known in the forum for his in depth tutorials. He started in design 4 years ago and then discovered WordPress and has been coding and hacking themes and plugins ever since. He's quite helpful if you have any questions for him in the forum. Eric also makes his own WordPress themes and plugins and provides ClassiPress consulting on the side. David Cowgill - (Owner of Classipress)

Thanks

The problem with including it with ClassiPress is there isn't a one size fits all solution. Some customers might want United States only....others might want Malaysia. It's actually fairly easy to add yourself by editing the form code.

Quote Originally Posted by taylerj
    Can we get drop down options by any chance? Like on the locations or a few other options i would like the users to select from a drop down list.

Thanks

You wouldn't need to repost all your listing but you will have to manually go through each post and move values to custom fields. I will be sending out an email later this week explaining the steps in doing this. This "new way" is much better in the long run and will lay the foundation for a better product.

In the release announcement you said that the theme would now go by custom fields. does this mean that all previous post will have to be reposted?

Amateur
    Not a Verified Customer
    Thanks

Ditto on what taylerj said ... and as a previous purchaser, can't wait to get my download link for the upgrade.

Thanks

I already tried to edit the form ad add drop down menus on all my options but failed horribly. is there any tutorial or can you show me just a bit?

Quote Originally Posted by dcowgill
    The problem with including it with ClassiPress is there isn't a one size fits all solution. Some customers might want United States only....others might want Malaysia. It's actually fairly easy to add yourself by editing the form code.

Can we get drop down options by any chance? Like on the locations or a few other options i would like the users to select from a drop down list.
    Eric is best known in the forum for his in depth tutorials. He started in design 4 years ago and then discovered WordPress and has been coding and hacking themes and plugins ever since. He's quite helpful if you have any questions for him in the forum. Eric also makes his own WordPress themes and plugins and provides ClassiPress consulting on the side. David Cowgill - (Owner of Classipress)

Thanks

To add to my last post i thought i would give some more information about what im trying to do. Im using the theme at http://www.swgdirectory.com/ and has you can see its had some work on it. If you will press the post button you can see i have changed the labels but on most of those option i only need a yes/no and not a text field. this is why i would really like to have a drop down menu.

Thanks

You've done some great work on modifying ClassiPress. Looks good!

So I tried to post but it says I need to register.

Basically you can swap out the location text field with a drop down box. In your post-form.php page, search for the following line of code:

Code:
    <input type="text" id="location" name="location" value="<?php echo $location; ?>" />
    Replace that with a drop down list like this (but use your own values instead).

Code:
    <select name='location' id='location' class='postform' >
    	<option value=''>Select One</option>
    	<option>San Francisco, CA</option>
    	<option>Los Angeles, CA</option>
    	<option>Boston, MA</option>
    </select>
    As long as you keep the "name" equal to "location", it will save the information the same. Give that a shot and let me know how it works out for you.

Thanks

OMG im so sorry i forgot about the regester part haha. ill pm you a test account haha.

Thanks

To add to my last post i thought i would give some more information about what im trying to do. Im using the theme at http://www.swgdirectory.com/ and has you can see its had some work on it. If you will press the post button you can see i have changed the labels but on most of those option i only need a yes/no and not a text field. this is why i would really like to have a drop down menu.
    how u did the top NAV >??? care to share ??

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information