Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Features For Next Release

Not a Verified Customer
    Thanks

Re: Features For Next Release

Quote Originally Posted by dcowgill
    Rich we don't see that as a future feature at this time. That could always change though.
    I wish I could help build this, and I wonder if others see the benefit in it. Since we are (potentially) charging for listings, while there are other services that do it for free, it seems beneficial to offer bulk rates to 1. offer a discount for multiple listings, and 2. streamline the process when a user wishes to add multiple listings in one sitting. Having allotted credits would be nice.

Any thougts?

Thanks again so much for this theme, it is brilliant. I bought the developer's license, and still fee as though I got a crazy bargain.

Rich

Thanks

You are correct superkay. ClassiPress is just scratching the surface on features and things will get much better in the coming months. I will consider your feature requests for a future release.

With users not registering it's difficult to allow them to edit their ads. They wouldn't have a username or password to login and WordPress requires that to access the ads. I'm open to suggestions on other options.

Also good idea with the add-ons. This can be used for more than just classifieds!

~David

Quote Originally Posted by superkay
    Thanks for the forum .

I don't want my users to register to place adverts, will they still be able to edit adverts? Also can I make some suggestions please:

- Number of times post has been viewed column will be great
    - Featured ads, so webmaster can choose few ads or that there is a featured section and adverts can be upgraded by site owner.
    - Total number of adverts i.e. the figure will be in red at the top of each page.
    - Under the list of ads, if possible make it that the first few words show and not only the title of the advert.
    - Instead of having the picture open in flash, why not have it open on the same page of the advert?

Hope this is not too much :P .

Lastly may I suggest you consider add ons that will say make it a job site instead of a classified advert site or say a markey place where people can buy things off each other, you can then sell these addons seperately.

I honestly believe classipress can be extended to cover a whole range of concepts. Cheers

Thanks

It all depends on the files that are going to be changed. It's quite possible most of the template files will need to be overwritten in order to include all the new features. So when the time comes, I recommend making a backup of your current classipress theme and then activate the latest version. Then you can copy over the custom changes you've made.

Quote Originally Posted by Ostey
    Updates will always be free to existing customers. The latest version will be out soon (next 1-2 weeks) and will support tags, more color schemes, posters can delete their ads, multi-lingual, etc.
    Wow those features sound great. Keep up the good work, I look forward to installing the new theme.

One more quick question, how will will the update process work? will we have to just modify/swap out a few files or will we have to overwrite the whole theme. I only ask because I made some changes to the theme and I am hoping to avoid making those changes again, but having those features is well worth the hassle.

Thanks

Rich, what I see instead is different pricing options for them to choose from first. Something like this for example:

Select listing package:
    30 days - $10
    60 days - $15
    120 days - $20

This isn't quite exactly the same as your feature request but it would be more useful to more of our customer-base. You got me thinking though so maybe I can figure out a better solution in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by secretstache
    Rich we don't see that as a future feature at this time. That could always change though.
    I wish I could help build this, and I wonder if others see the benefit in it. Since we are (potentially) charging for listings, while there are other services that do it for free, it seems beneficial to offer bulk rates to 1. offer a discount for multiple listings, and 2. streamline the process when a user wishes to add multiple listings in one sitting. Having allotted credits would be nice.

Any thougts?

Thanks again so much for this theme, it is brilliant. I bought the developer's license, and still fee as though I got a crazy bargain.

Rich

Thanks

For more details on the next release (including a screenshot), check out this announcement.

Thanks

The new version looks really great.

Here are a few questions :
    1. Will it be possible to have some categories free and others commercial ?
    2. I just bought your script yesterday. Would you advise me to wait for the new version before setting up my site ?

Thanks

Yann - France

Thanks

Hi Yann-

Thanks for your recent purchase. Yes, I'd advise you to wait for 3.0 before you install and get everything setup otherwise you will have to spend a lot more time redoing things.

At this point you can only charge for all categories or none. Hope to have some sort of feature like you requested in the future.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,392 Times in 3,263 Posts

I'm really excited with this new soon to be released version since I can go away with some plugins that I am currently using with my moded classipress site.

Though it might require some work on my part since I have already a lot of postings that needs to be converted with the new implementation using custom fields. Its worth it anyway.
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Thanks

Yes, that's the unfortunate part. It will take some time moving over all your posts but it's well worth it in the end.

Thanks

Can we get drop down options by any chance? Like on the locations or a few other options i would like the users to select from a drop down list.
    Eric is best known in the forum for his in depth tutorials. He started in design 4 years ago and then discovered WordPress and has been coding and hacking themes and plugins ever since. He's quite helpful if you have any questions for him in the forum. Eric also makes his own WordPress themes and plugins and provides ClassiPress consulting on the side. David Cowgill - (Owner of Classipress)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information