Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: urgent request

Thanks

urgent request

I have already purchased the classipress theme and i have faced some problem.

First, concerning the Form Layout

I did the following steps exactly one by one:

Under the ClassiPress menu items,CLICK on "Custom Fields" => "Add New". Give your field a new name like "Year" and a description. The Tool Tip field allows you to put a message next to the field so users can mouse over a ? and get more information. Then select the field type "Drop-down" and enter your values (i.e. 2010, 2009, 2008, etc).CLICK the "Create New Field" button and the field will be created. Do the same steps for the Make and Model fields. Any field you create can be used across multiple forms so you don't need to create duplicate fields in most instances.

Great, now we have some fields but how do we add them to the form? This is where the "Form Layouts" come into play. Think of a Form Layout as a container for fields. Fields alone do nothing.

Click on "Form Layouts" => "Add New".CONTINUING with our "Cars" example, let's name this new form "Cars Form" and give it a simple description.

Now check each category that you want this new form toAPPLY to. Assuming you have a category called "Cars" we are going to just check this box.CLICK"Save New Form".

Ok, now we have a new form and three custom fields but they aren't associated to each other yet. On the "Form Layouts" pageCLICK on the "Cars Form" "edit form" icon so we can go add the fields to this form

On this page you will see two columns. The left side is what your form will look like. The right side contains the available fields you can add to your form. Go ahead and check the three fields we just created and click "Add Fields to Form Layout". The page will reload and you will see that they moved to the left side.

At this point you will want to reorder, remove, and make certain fields mandatory. To reorder your fields, just drag and drop them. To make them mandatory check the box under the 'required' column. Lastly you can choose which fields use advanced search. Once you are all done make sure to click the "Save Changes" button otherwise your form will not be created!

Now go to your web site and try to post a new ad. Make sure toSELECT the "Cars" category. You should now see your new custom form layout! Congrats, you've just created your very own custom form all without touching any code.

Remember, you only created a custom form for the "Cars" category so every other category will still use the default form. If you want to change the default form, pleaseCONTINUE reading.

In order to change the default form you need to build a new "Form Layout" andSELECT all available categories. Save it and then go to the "edit form" page and remove/add any fields you want. Remember to click the "Save Changes" button or it will not work correctly.

After I finished all these steps and created the MY OWN "FORM LAYOUT" and clicked the "Save Changes" button, but NOTHING happened to the default form.

my website is: http://www.qatarlist.org/

Second, When I change the color, and go to the website and refresh the page, the new color does not come...but it comes only when i deactivate the Classipress theme and Activate it AGAIN...I do not know the reason.

Third, the register button and login button do not work. what should I do to make them active.

Sir, my website is NOT working right now and I need to finish ASAP.
    So, Please please please respond to me as soon as you can with a positive response.

I will open my website to see what is wrong when you click on Post an Ad

Thanks alot

Thanks
    You must be an AppThemes customer and logged in to view this response. Join today!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,873 Times in 1,770 Posts
    You must be an AppThemes customer and logged in to view this response. Join today!

Thanks

Thanks

Thanks

Thanks

Thanks

Thanks

Thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information