Thread: Claim Listing Process - is this correct?

Thanks

Claim Listing Process - is this correct?

Hi,

I would like to verify the following is what vantage is supposed to do, or whether in fact it is a bug!

So, a user goes to a listing and presses claim listing. Assuming they are logged in, they will be sent to the 'Choose a Plan page.

Having selected a plan, and pressed continue they are shown the 'listing categories' list...but shouldn't this be populated with the value that the Vantage site owner has previously added to the base listing?

On selecting the category, shouldn't all the pre-existing information that the site owner added to the base listing be shown to the claimee, so that they can add to it, correct it and so on? Do they really have to start from scratch? If so, this diminishes the value of 'claim listing'...the site owner might as well put all their energy into getting folks to create new listings rather than claiming one's they have added. From a usability point of view, this feels extraordinary...for the claimee not to see any of the information that they are claiming...

What actually happens is that the user gets none of the information previously added to the listing so starts from scratch. When they complete it, it goes back to the admin for moderation, and at this point it seems that the user-input content is then overwritten by the original content input by the Vantage site owner.

This seems like a major flaw!!!

Surely this isn't what is supposed to happen? Has any work been done to fix bugs in this area in the last couple of weeks (as I downloaded a dev release 2-3 weeks ago...).

I have tested this process on two fully built sites, and a clean development site, and it's all the same story. I am at a loss as to how to even start sorting this out for my client...

Thanks
    You must be an AppThemes customer and logged in to view this response. Join today!

Thanks
    You must be an AppThemes customer and logged in to view this response. Join today!

Thanks

Thread Information