Thread: Problems with CSV importer dropping information

Thanks

Problems with CSV importer dropping information

Good day to you all..

I'm having problems with the supplied Vantage CSV listing importer uploading all business listing information.

1. When I successfully upload the business listings using the importer and provided CSV template I have "Publish" entered into the column so it becomes an active listing right away without the need for moderator approval. This is a few of the problems I find:

a. When I search for the listing; say under restaurants, the Name of the business is not visible in the search results. Other info about the listing is visible but not the business name. I can correct this my going back in to edit listing> save, then the business name will appear. This is VERY, VERY time consuming when I'm uploading a couple hundred listings at a time.

b. The uploaded business website remains invisible on business listing all the time. If you mouse over you can see the mouse pointer change to a select icon and I can click the link, but the website address is not visible to users.

c. partial addresses appear under the business listing. As an example the address: 5201 S. Virginia St. Ste. 3, Reno, NV 89502
    The address is entered exactly as above into the CSV form, but when I upload and check the business listing, the entire address is "NOT" in the address line for the listing. It may read: 5201 S. Virginia St. or it may read: 5201 S. Virgina St. Ste 3, Reno
    I can't find a common denominator as to this problem of partial addresses uploading into the site with "Publish" selected on the CSV form.

2. Another problem I have is different search results.
    Using the address as an example: 5201 S. Virginia St. Ste 3, Reno, NV 89502

If I enter Restaurants in the category field, then enter "Reno" in the location field I will get a group of results.
    If I change the location to "Reno, NV" I will receive different business results. If I enter "Reno, " (Reno comma) I will again receive different results for restaurants. I just don't understand how to make this work better. I have manually gone in and ensured every business listing follows the same address format, but when I search as if I'm a user I get the same problems, some businesses are listed and others are not.

I really need your help so I can move on with importing. the Website hosted on: www.saffronsoft.com/wordpress/vantage

Thanks
    Thanked 1,873 Times in 1,770 Posts
    You must be an AppThemes customer and logged in to view this response. Join today!

Thread Information