Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Disappointed

Thanks

Disappointed

The title of my post says it all really.

Initially I thought Jobroller was an excellent system, and I managed to earn commission from a combination of Indeed job clicks, Adsense earnings and agencies posting ads directly.

However after a few Wordpress system upgrades bugs started appearing. Normally this wouldn't be an issue as commercial theme companies update their product and you can simply upgrade to the latest compatible version. So why am I disappointed?

The later versions dropped support for pulling in Indeed.com jobs directly into the database. Since other job submission and advertising is scarce and competition fierce, regular Indeed jobs are essential to provide a regular feed of jobs that can then be promoted to the public. Without this integration there is now a significant amount of work involved in keeping the site updated with new content.

So basically I now have two choices: run an old version of the theme which pulls in content automatically but suffers from a variety of bugs, with the knowledge that it can't be updated and that at some point it'll stop working altogether.....or update to the latest version and spend all of my time hunting for content and chasing up recruitment companies.

Since the second option isn't in any way cost effective, I'm plumping for the first and when the bugs become overwhelming I'll ditch the theme for something else.

Disappointing.

Marketplace Seller thesyndicate's Avatar
    Thanks
    You must be an AppThemes customer and logged in to view this response. Join today!

I love to help out you out but please read this first Have you tried to install in a root domain? Have you tried to Resave permalinks? Have you tried to disable all plug in? Have you tried the default theme of Wordpress?

++ If the issue is fixed consider closing the thread and change to solved, thank you for helping us helping you. ++

Thanks

Disappointed

You must be an AppThemes customer and logged in to view this response. Join today!
    Get my German translation files for JobRoller and ClassiPress here - and for FXtender here.

Thanks

Disappointed

Get my German translation files for JobRoller and ClassiPress here - and for FXtender here.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,390 Times in 3,261 Posts
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Marketplace Seller thesyndicate's Avatar
    Thanks

I love to help out you out but please read this first Have you tried to install in a root domain? Have you tried to Resave permalinks? Have you tried to disable all plug in? Have you tried the default theme of Wordpress?

++ If the issue is fixed consider closing the thread and change to solved, thank you for helping us helping you. ++

Thanks
    [CENTER]

TreasureValleyBusiness.com

[/CENTER]

Thanks

Disappointed

Thanks

Thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information