Thread: Vantage Technical Questions

Unregistered

Vantage Technical Questions

Hello, I have a couple of questions regarding the Vantage theme that I'm hoping you are able to answer.

1. I'd like to list businesses that don't exactly have a physical location (like web-based businesses). Is this possible? Would it be possible for my users to list locationless businesses as well? Adding to this, would I be able to alter the review criteria to suit this type of business?

2. I'd like to give my users the option of creating an anonymous account that they can submit reviews with. Is this possible?

3. I'd like to incorporate some method of spam filtering for reviews or comments, such as captcha. Can this be accomodated?

4. I'd like to use the theme across multiple cities and locations. Is it possible to alter the look of the theme or other location-specific features based on where users are located? Or do I have to purchase a sperate theme for each location?

Thanks
    In answer to your questions:

1. There is a map which appears by default in the listing form, so either they would need to simply input a less specific location, or you could customize the theme to remove the requirement for this field.

2. Registration is required by default in order for listings to be placed, so again this would mean customization if you wanted to allow registration free/anonymous posting.

3. You can find plugin suggestions in the recommended plugins page which includes a suggestion in the form of the WangGard plugin.

4. Our licenses allow for use of the themes on multiple websites/domains, so if you were setting up an instance for each location you would only need one theme license to do this. Thanks.

Unregistered
    Thank you so much!

Unregistered

Follow-up

Actually I just realized I have a follow-up question. Requiring registration in order to post a listing makes sense, but what I meant was more in terms of leaving a review of the listing. Are accounts required for that?

Thanks
    Yes, by default users are also required to register in order to post a review. Thanks.

Thread Information