Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Job Alerts Not Working

Thanks

Job Alerts Not Working

I have never been able to get the job alerts to work on my site although there have been 1200+ alerts set up by users. I have just installed the latest dev build and am making the attempt to get this issue fixed.

Here is the support ticket I just filed with my webhost (Lightning Base):

I have the latest JobRoller dev build installed and working now. I also have my child theme installed and working. I have cleared the logs as well and have the debug turned on.

I have removed all of the "sending" plugins and am utilizing the built-in WP emailer. The email address is support@coloradojobbase.com.

I have a test job seeker account setup with an alert enabled for the keyword "marketing" to be sent to my personal email at kerlewine@gmail.com.

Theoretically, I should receive at least one job alert per day.

I am able to send and receive a test job alert. I have attached a text file with the header and body text.

I will be uploading new jobs by Tuesday morning. I would really like to get this working since it creates a positive feedback loop to the site and could double traffic.

Somehow I don't think the jr_job_alerts chron is working properly. It is set to fire every 10 minutes. I have the Crony Cronjob Manager plugin installed and a chron set up to run every 10 minutes. It executes this code:

<?php flush_rewrite_rules(); ?>

The purpose of this is supposedly to make sure the other chron jobs fire.

I don't know where the problem lies, but would appreciate any assistance you can provide. It would be nice to get this working.

I have previously had the WP SMTP plugin installed and that didn't fix the issue. I have also tried the WP SES plugin to see if it would work with my Amazon SES account. In both cases, I can send and receive the test email just fine, but the job alerts are not firing and being sent. I have a test account with a personal email set up and a single, ubiquitous keyword, but was only getting about one alert every six weeks or so when I should get at least one every day.

If it makes a difference, most of the jobs on my site are imported - about 400 per day and I use the WP All Import Pro plugin for this.

It appears that the jr_job_alerts is probably not being fired properly to generate the alert emails. I have debug logging turned on and my host is monitoring the email log on his side.

I need to know what else can be done to fix this issue. My host is running Apache servers and has PHP 5.4.45 installed.

Thanks
    You must be an AppThemes customer and logged in to view this response. Join today!

Thanks
    You must be an AppThemes customer and logged in to view this response. Join today!

Thanks
    Thanked 3,390 Times in 3,261 Posts
    Last edited by jomarkosabel; October 5th, 2015 at 11:59 AM.
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Thanks

Thanks
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thanks

Thanks

Thanks

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information