Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jomarkosabel

Thread: Issue upgrading Vantage theme

Thanks

Issue upgrading Vantage theme

I am havingg an issue upgrading from Vantage 3.0.5 to 4.0.1. There appears to be a compatibility issue with the current theme and the latest version of Wordpress. The login issue -where there is a blank white screen after you enter your details- is specific to the current vantage theme. When I renamed this and switched to the new theme, this allowed the login without any problem.

Sadly, using the new vantage theme resulted in my whole site content not showing. This is mostly due to the customized layout not being retained. I can't see that there is a direct upgrade path between the version you are using and the latest version that would allow you to keep your customizations.

I can't update Wordpress and all the plugins without breaking the theme and you can't install the new theme without having to make a lot of cosmetic changes. At the same time, I cant build a new site and then import all of the theme specific data, because there is no export option provided by the theme developers for that. Is this something the Theme support might be able to tell me.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,390 Times in 3,261 Posts
    You must be an AppThemes customer and logged in to view this response. Join today!
    kmccormack likes this.
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Thanks
    You must be an AppThemes customer and logged in to view this response. Join today!

Thanks
    Thanked 3,390 Times in 3,261 Posts
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Thread Information