Demo or preview site
I am about to launch my first classipress site. I have uploaded the site to a dummy site www.mykeralatravel.com
for the time being to test it. I need user feedback as although the front end is same the backend is totally different. The following are some of the things incorporated.
1) You don't need a user account to post ads.
2) Your first ad creates a user account and you have to input the user profile in the succeeding screen.
3) Basic ads are free. But no images and maps etc. You can upgrade after you post an ad premier where you can upload images etc.
4) Regional wise category listing is created parallel to category listing. Categories are created based on the regional category and status ie for sale, for rent etc. People can use the top bar to go regionally or use the categories and then to status child menus. The top bar scrolls with the site so users can switch to sections faster at any time.
5) Premier users can give their latitude and longitude from a gps device to display google maps more accurately.
6) Each ad page displays the contact info from profile fields and not post fields as in classipress. The users can then enable or disable privacy to show or hide phone no's address etc for their ads. Then contact can be made only via email form.
7) And of course I have included my earlier contribution ie edit image function to manage images in ad edit.
I don't know if that is all but please let me know if its too slow? I have probably 12000 ads that need to be served from my current site www.kachavadom.com
. So if its too slow I will probabaly have to do a lot of code optimizing where I dont use classipress functions that i dont need. But I need your feedback before then. Please let me know.