Thread: New Classipress site: www.thetoolexchange.co.uk

Thanks

New Classipress site: www.thetoolexchange.co.uk

Hi All,

Firstly, thanks to the guys at AppThemes for such a fantastic theme, legends the lot of you!

When I originally came up with the idea for what has become www.thetoolexchange.co.uk I was sure that there would be nothing available that would fit the bill and was certain that I would be facing tens of thousands in development costs if the idea was to get off the ground - an intimidating prospect I'm sure you would agree but thankfully though, I came across ClassiPress and the rest, as they say, is history...

Everyone has tools, everyone needs tools, but not everyone has the tools they need and that, in a nutshell, is the premise of The Tool Exchange – a classified listing site that allows you to swap and exchange old or unwanted tools, machinery, equipment and parts for useful or much needed equivalents. It’s all about turning the tools and equipment you no longer want or need into something more useful or desirable to you!

It's very early days so far and there's a LOT that I hope to do going forward but to get to the stage I have in such a short time is testament to the incredible ability and flexibility of the ClassiPress theme so once again, thank you AppThemes.

I would be keen to hear what you all think about the site? I only pushed it live yesterday so there's a few small issues but that aside, any feedback would be gratefully received!

Thanks in advance!

Thanks
    I think the idea is great. The site has good graphics and will probably fly without adding fancy modifications to it.
    Put your effort into promoting it now and worry about mods and such later on.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,390 Times in 3,261 Posts
    Looks just nice for a basic Classipress template.
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Thanks
    Thanks guys! Appreciate the feedback

I'm not a web designer/developer so my knowledge is limited in that respect but I am intending on doing some changes to the homepage layout and some other elements. Thought I would get it out there first and test the water so to speak

@cloudybright: bit cheeky I know but any tips/suggestions for promoting it?

Thanks
    I suggest you look into the basics of SEO, start with reading about title tags, .. also add an seo plugin.
    then look into social networking......follow the basics and you will notice an improvment in your site rankings.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to garyb For This Useful Post:

stum450n (November 2nd, 2010)

Thanks
    stum450m
    "Boots on the ground" - check the bulletin boards at the big hardware stores and hang a flyer there.
    Start visiting tool supply shops - some small supply houses have free flyer space.
    When you start to think about it, tools of all types are everywhere, from paint compressors to woodworking machines.
    I'd do the free stuff first. Get a few dozen real world listings going.
    Then look in the back of tool magazines. . .check their advertising rates and proceed accordingly.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to cloudybright For This Useful Post:

stum450n (November 2nd, 2010)

Thanks
    Thank you both - almost exactly what the current plan of action is so at least I know I'm on the right track!

Thanks again

Thanks
    How did you get the share buttons to go to your page?

Thanks
    Do you mean the Feedburner and Twitter links?

There's a field in the classipress control panel for each. You'll need to register on Feedburner to set it up but it's free and only takes a minute or two.

Thread Information