Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who do you host with?

Thanks

Who do you host with?

I have bounced around so many times I cant remember all of thier names.
    Now I am having uptime issues with my current host.
    Past issues have been File number cap (bluehost)
    backup issues (bluehost and others)
    Wordpress hosting and auto updates (current)

Anyways, I dont want to go wtih an unlimited hosting package again as there is always somethign not unlimited about them.

So who do you host with and why and for how long? Do you do it as a business? do you host many sites?

tell me! (us).

Thanks

Re: Who do you host with?

I'm in the US and bounced around a lot too. I used Total Choice Hosting to begin with but was unhappy with their customer service, then I moved around with a few resellers (so not sure who my actual host was). Then we got on with Liquid Web and have been VERY happy. Fast response, great customer service, and awesome technical support. They are a bit higher for their basic shared plans (vs. the normal $4.95 guys you find out there) but you definately get what you pay for. We have a dedicated box with them and I am happy with that too. Prolly been with them for 3+ years now. Good luck!
    ~Ramsey

Thanks

I'm considering looking for a VPS service. I'm willing to go as high as $15-20 a month if I can get decent service. I dont make anythign from my sties yet so i still have to keep the cost down, but if i find someone who can handle my simple requests and then move me to a VPS or dedicated service I'm in.

Checking out Liquid now.

I wish there was an honest hosting rating site out there...

Thanks

If you are looking for shared hosting, I've had pretty good luck with MidPhase. Don't go with their VIP Club package though, the service sucks.

I also like HostGator - the Business Package. I actually purchased it to get the discount on the devs license here & I'm really happy with it so far. I also have a VPS account with them too. Depending on what you need, I could set you up on my VPS for $10 a month. The service would be a heck of a lot better than a regular shared account since I only run one site on that server right now & that isn't even really live yet.

Regards,
    NetPotion
    My Currently Live Sites
    ~ http://www.netpotion.com - Free Flash Gamez
    ~ http://www.picdepict.com - Free Image Hosting

Thanks

I'll have to research Hostgator. I've heard some pretty horrible stuff about them and thier support. (i dont want to put down the affiliates here so I wont say any more)
    I'm eyeballing e-Sensibility https://client.e-sensibility.com/vps.html right now.
    Prices look good and i'm reading some good stuff at http://www.webhostingtalk.com about them.

Thanks

If anyone is interested in hosting, please send me a pm. I can perhaps help you out.
    Always treat everyone with respect and courtesy, but trust no one.

Thanks

I signed up with a startup. going to give them a try. great prices and i signed up with a reseller account to allow me to control each of my sites seperately.

Thanks

I have used byethost for over a year now and I have no complaints it only cost 2.99 a month for the service I'm using. They also provide free hosting.

Thanks

Some site are with 1and1 and some with myself.
    Eric is best known in the forum for his in depth tutorials. He started in design 4 years ago and then discovered WordPress and has been coding and hacking themes and plugins ever since. He's quite helpful if you have any questions for him in the forum. Eric also makes his own WordPress themes and plugins and provides ClassiPress consulting on the side. David Cowgill - (Owner of Classipress)

Thanks

I paid 3 years on Baby Plan with HostGator...I'm thinking about transfer it over to someone else for cheap coz I don't really need it much as I already have a dedicated server elsewhere.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information