Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Who do you host with?

Thanks

Re: Who do you host with?

Welcome YDGH-Corey.

As I said, no disrespect but there are (as you're well aware) a lot of cowboys out there and I always check for legitimate company details.
    That said, saying "details are available via whois" means nothing as anyone can fake those details.

I'm not saying any of this is in reference to you but something like hosting needs to be taken very seriously.

Thanks

Here are a couple to look at. There were several more, but I'm too busy to look for them.

http://www.yourdomaingoeshere.com/billing/tos.php
    http://www.yourdomaingoeshere.com/index.html

Sorry for not seeing the header phone number, but maybe that can help with your next site design because I did not notice it on any of the pages. When I want to contact a business, I click the contact link and I expect to find ALL of their contact info on that page. After all, isn't that the only page on the site where it makes the most sense to have all contact information?
    Was this post helpful? Click the "Thanks" button below.

Not a Verified Customer
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ejiKoala
    Here are a couple to look at. There were several more, but I'm too busy to look for them.

http://www.yourdomaingoeshere.com/billing/tos.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
    http://www.yourdomaingoeshere.com/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sorry for not seeing the header phone number, but maybe that can help with your next site design because I did not notice it on any of the pages. When I want to contact a business, I click the contact link and I expect to find ALL of their contact info on that page. After all, isn't that the only page on the site where it makes the most sense to have all contact information?
    After looking around for a while, I figured out that you have to be in the billing tab for the ToS link to be broken, this has been fixed. Thank you! I also found the index.html link on the logo in the billing tab and it has been fixed also.... We payed our license provider to integrate the WHMCS and it looks like they didn't do a very good job.

But yea, you can see our new site design here http://yourdomaingoeshere.com/ydghNew/ in case you didn't catch it in the last post. One question - Can you see the number easily in the new design?

We just wanted the contact page to be a quick point of contact, and since we had our phone number on every page we didn't feel the need to be repetitive.

Quote Originally Posted by PointandStare
    Welcome YDGH-Corey.

As I said, no disrespect but there are (as you're well aware) a lot of cowboys out there and I always check for legitimate company details.
    That said, saying "details are available via whois" means nothing as anyone can fake those details.

I'm not saying any of this is in reference to you but something like hosting needs to be taken very seriously.
    We could just as easily fake the details on our contact page also. We are a registered business in smith county Texas, but they have no way for you to verify this online. Is there some large database that has all of the business registration information in it? We also tried to get the BBB seal, but they never responded to us. How could we prove that we are an actual registered business in the location that we say we are? We can post scans of the document we had to sign, but that could be faked too. Pertaining to the whois data, if a company were trying to be secret, they could get private registration on their domain. We are a LLP (limited liability partnership).

Thanks

lol.
    Thanks corey, for taking the points here constructively.
    I didn't intend this post to go this direction but I hope it is helpful to anyone reading it.
    Let's be careful how it progresses as I don't want my host to feel he is being pushed and I dont want anyone getting to a point of having to defend themselves on either side.

anyways, now that we have a host on line maybe we have some questions for him, if he comes back to answer them...?

Thanks

Corey - I'm in the UK and we can check companies credentials online here (search for Point and Stare and you'll see my details). Is there not anything like this in the States?

Thanks

There is a better business bureau in the US and in Canada but I believe they have a lot of restrictions and prerequisites that you have to meet before they will list you. Not all companies list with them because of this.

Not a Verified Customer
    Thanks

Thanks again for all of your responses they were highly valued. By the way, I host with yourdomaingoeshere.com

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PointandStare
    Corey - I'm in the UK and we can check companies credentials online here (search for Point and Stare and you'll see my details). Is there not anything like this in the States?
    Not exactly. Details about any business can be found through the Department of Licensing in the state that the business is registered. So you would have to know where the business is licensed in order to start finding out more about them.

The BBB is voluntary and they are more like a neutral third-party mediation type company for when problems arise. There are requirements for joining them, one of which is you have to have been in business for 12 (or 24) months.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by YDGH-Corey
    One question - Can you see the number easily in the new design?
    Yes, much better, but I personally think it would look best like this...

Toll Free - 1 (877) YDGH.COM - 1 (877) 934-4266

Not a Verified Customer
    Thanks

Hostgator is great, and their support is second to none

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information