Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Who do you host with?

Thanks

Re: Who do you host with?

I had the Hostgator $25/mo plan for two years until I learned that most of their plans will not allow more than 25 mysql connections/requests. My main site had grown and was giving users those black-text-on-white-screen error messages saying the site was too busy or something dumb like that (even with persistent connections turned off). After it caused three credit card failures in one week I asked HG how to fix it. The ONLY solution they would offer me for more than 25 mysql connections was a dedicated server for about $400/mo. They refused to work with me on any better deal so I said bye-bye and moved all of my sites to a LiquidWeb VPS and have never regretted it for three years now. And LW customer service is fast and available 24/7 and they have fixed EVERYTHING for me. Every issue I've had whether big, small, or in between they take care of it very timely.
    Was this post helpful? Click the "Thanks" button below.

Thanks

Well it's been a month with my host and I couldnt be happier.
    The startup is called
    yourdomaingoeshere.com
    I know, sounds funny but they are very professional and as I said I am very happy with the service. They even helped me out with a wordpress embedded exploit that had infiltrated one of my sites. Also helped me set up my Postini account and they dont even offer postini as a service!
    he helped me transfer and set up 7 domains and we got it all done in about 2-3 days.

Exscellent personal service. bEst Ive had from any of the dozen or so hosts i have been with over the years.

If you check them out, and decide to sign, mention me!

Thanks

No disrespect to your hosting choice, groan, but I wouldn't trust something as important as hosting to a company that doesn't show their business details - ie registration number, address etc - and has no way of contacting them other than by a form.
    Doesn't look good from where I'm standing.

Thanks

I thought the same thing. I'm not gonna gang up on you, groan, but for a hosting company, these guys seem kinda hush-hush. I mean they don't even have a phone number on their site not to mention their site is full of Error 404 Not Found links. And to top it off, you say you've been with a "dozen or so hosts" over the years so don't you think that praising these guys after only using them for one month is jumping the gun a bit? I'd actually switch back to hostgator before trusting these secret guys.
    Was this post helpful? Click the "Thanks" button below.

Thanks

IPOWER, I've used them for almost ten years and only once for a week. that i know of were they offline. Their customer service is good to so is the price.

Thanks

Actually my xp with HG support is very nice...they are friendly and responsive. If you have problems that can't the solve over the chat support...I just call them ask for T2 or T3 support.

HG is a located in Houston, Texas....which is where I live too. I remember passing by their company several times on highway 290 and I see huge building maybe 7 or 8 stores with a huge HostGator logo on the front. I doubt they owns it.

If you google map their address you can see the building:
    11251 Northwest Fwy suite 400
    Houston, TX 77092
    US

Thanks

Thanks for your concern, guys and I have gotten to know one of the owners over the course of the month and from what I have seen , though they are small, they are very approachable.
    I have passed on your points to them. I am sure they don't want to appear hush hush. They are very knowledgeable and are expanding their business. They are quick to support and are open to recommendation on how to make their business even better. they listen to their clients. All of these points make for a great relationship between me as a client and the host.

Thanks

Oh and their Toll free number is at the top of the website, and their address is available in the whois info.
    Apparently their new design that is forthcoming is going to have all the info more readily available.

Not a Verified Customer
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PointandStare
    No disrespect to your hosting choice, groan, but I wouldn't trust something as important as hosting to a company that doesn't show their business details - ie registration number, address etc - and has no way of contacting them other than by a form.
    Doesn't look good from where I'm standing.

Our phone number is at the top of our page in big bold letters, and our address in our WHOIS of our domain. We are aware that it will make our site more professional to include our address in our company page, and we plan on doing so in our new design at http://yourdomaingoeshere.com/ydghNew

By the way - it seems your linking code is broke? It's appending javascript to my post if I edit.

Quote Originally Posted by ejiKoala
    I thought the same thing. I'm not gonna gang up on you, groan, but for a hosting company, these guys seem kinda hush-hush. I mean they don't even have a phone number on their site not to mention their site is full of Error 404 Not Found links. And to top it off, you say you've been with a "dozen or so hosts" over the years so don't you think that praising these guys after only using them for one month is jumping the gun a bit? I'd actually switch back to hostgator before trusting these secret guys.
    We are not hush-hush at all, if there is anything you would like to know we would be more than happy to let you know. Our phone number is at the top right of our site in big bold letters, May I ask what links are 404 not found? We are unaware of any of these links.

Thank you all for your concerns.

Thanks

Re: Who do you host with? (IPower)

I too have used IPower for a long time (Since 2003) and am pretty satisfied with their services. Their shared hosting services for brochure sites are exceptional, though I must admit that any site of size with a database does not perform well (This includes Wordpress sites)Their customer service is pretty good as well, and with any hosting company, the level of service, expertise, and timeliness varies based on who answers the phone. Overall, I'd give them a B.

Can anyone recommend an affordable, shared hosting provider that can handle large wordpress sites? Is Bluehost capable of this? I had a site that used 8 installs of Wordpress at one time. I contacted Bluehost to ask them about hosting it and they told me they didn't think their service would be a good fit. I also tried Media Temple (God awful slow) and Rackspace Cloud (Too expensive at $100/month).

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information