Thread: WP dev files Question? *NEWBIE*

Thanks

Cool WP dev files Question? *NEWBIE*

I read that I need to upload the wp development folder to fix issues with the payments etc.

I am using go daddy hosting fyi, and I am not sure what pages from the wp dev folder go where? Can I move the entire vantage dev folder into my root directory and if so where? Or do I need to pick the files I need and place them in the right area?

My concern right now is that when I claim a llisting it doesnt show the payment options it just says " there is no plan for your category come back later"

assistance is much appreciated!

Marketplace Seller thesyndicate's Avatar
    Thanks
    Do not really matter what hosting you use the Wordpress should all look the same with the /public_html/classipress/wp-content/themes/ theme for example. You can just make another theme copy the current theme to be sure nothing get destroyed.

I love to help out you out but please read this first Have you tried to install in a root domain? Have you tried to Resave permalinks? Have you tried to disable all plug in? Have you tried the default theme of Wordpress?

++ If the issue is fixed consider closing the thread and change to solved, thank you for helping us helping you. ++

Thanks
    Thanked 1,873 Times in 1,770 Posts
    @mitty,

First if your question is about a theme it's better to post it in the relevant forum, otherwise moderators will not see it, in general the WordPress forums are not officially supported by AppThemes.

To answer your question, the dev builds are like normal themes, you can install them from your back end WP>Appearance>Themes.Now because you already have a Vantage theme you need to delete it first and then upload the dev build.Every time you do that all the files (not the database) are deleted/updated so every time you should take a backup (database included better safe than sorry)

Let me know if you need more information.

Thanks
    Sounds like something a little beyond my skill level I'm liable to screw it up. BUt thx for responding. Why cant updates that repair problem just be uploaded like microsoft does with its updates?

deleting and re installing sounds like a shot gun approach.

cheers

Thanks
    Thanked 1,873 Times in 1,770 Posts
    There is an updater plugin you can download from your customer dashboard, but it doesn't work with dev versions.To re install the theme without a backup is really simple, just delete the old one and then upload and activate the new.

Let me know if you have any questions about this and if you need more help.

Thread Information